Saturday, Saturday…… Time to put the thinking cap (chef cap) on to churn some veggie delight.
Why I keep a veggie fast on a Saturday? Nothing religious, just by choice to try out the veg offerings around the city and my kitchen. Rest of the week, I am strictly non-vegetarian.
Since, I was missing paneer and didn’t want to go the butter paneer way, I chose to give it some Thai massage. I know you would curse me that I couldn’t go beyond paneer (instead of Tofu for a Thai preparation) but trust me, I am sure you would love to experiment in your kitchen.
Put your apron on, and let’s start cooking
Sweet Thai Chilli Paneer
Tangy paneer in thai chilli sauce
- 200 gms Paneer cubes (Milky Mist)
- 100 gms chopped onions
- 500 gms chopped capsicum
- 2 tbsp Chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 25 gms unsalted butter
- 25 ml edible Coconut oil
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 bowl of lukewarm water
- Salt to taste
- Let’s prepare the sauce first. In a large pan, boil 2 cups of water. Once it come to boil add the sugar and simmer. After 2 mins, put the corn flour and keep stirring to avoid any lumps. Once the liquid thickens add the paprika, vinegar and chilli flakes and let is get into a desired consistency and set aside. 10 mins.
- In a medium sized pan, heat the butter and fry.the paneer cubes. Once the paneer is slightly brown on all sides, set them aside in a bowl of lukewarm water to keep it’s softness. 5 mins
- In the excess oil in the pan, add the onions and fry till they are soft and translucent. Add the capsicum and stir fry till the color changes a little. 5 mins
- Pour the sauce and simmer for 5 mins. Add salt to taste. Once the sauce mixes well with the onion and capsicum, add the paneer pieces and a cup of water.
- Keep stirring the paneer with the sauce until the water evaporates in high flame. 5 min.
- Serve it with a cup of sticky jasmine/basmati rice.
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends, family and loved up. Eat healthy, live smart. Being fat to fit, should be a journey you can enjoy. Enjoy my other recipes here…
Read my other blog posts……
- Finding your Inner Being
- French Mustard and a bengali palate
- Wonder Women | Kolkata | Season 2 | Episode 3
- Wonder Women | Kolkata | Season 2 | Episode 2
- Wonder Women | Kolkata | Season 2 | Episode 1
- Boys played well at Chakh Le
- A potful of flavours in Kolkata
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 4
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 3
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 2