“Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.”
Those are famous words from the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, often called the father of Western medicine.
Science has proved the Garlic has medicinal benefits to heal many common and high risk diseases. Read more…
Since I bought a bottle of garlic pickle from my recent visit to Goa, I couldn’t resist to try out a recipe of my own.
Lahsuni Murg Sikandari
Grilled chicken in a tangy garlic sauce
- 500 gms boneless chicken legs
- A few cloves, bay leaves & cardamom
- 20 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 50 gms Ghee
- 50 ml fresh cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp sriracha sauce.
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and paprika for 30 mins.
- In a flat pan, add the ghee and let it heat. Place the chicken pieces and fry them in high flame.
- Once the chicken is roasted well on both sides, take them out and let it drain the excess oil.
- In the same pan, add the clove, bay leaves & cardamom and let it sputter.
- Add the onions and let it dry until it becomes translucent. Add 10 crushed garlic pods and fry them with the onions.
- Add the turmeric powder and the remaining garlic pods and fry the masala to get rid of the raw smell.
- Add the Sriracha sauce and let the onions melt in the sauce and form a thick gravy.
- To the gravy, add a bowl of hot water and simmer for 5 mins.
- Once you get the desired consistency, add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Pour the creamy garlic sauce over the fried chicken pieces. Serve it with Brown bread or Butter naan.
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends, family and loved up. Eat healthy, live smart. Being fat to fit, should be a journey you can enjoy. Enjoy my other recipes here…
Read my other blog posts……
- Bengali Food in Hyderabad – A click away!
- Kitchen of Homemade bengali food
- Hyderabad gets a new bengali taste
- Bihari Cuisine and the Food Festival at Ohri’s Rubaiyat
- Kashmir on my Plate – Festival Promotion
- When a bengali gets to say – Wah Taj!
- Fresh, New & Available – Oakleaf
- Kobe – Ready to Sizzle Hyderabad!
- Beyond the Moon & back – OTM
- Bong Fe(a)st returns to Siesta