“Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” – Alan D Wolfelt
The weather gods lifting their hands off, it has been downpouring and have put Hyderabad city under siege. The only saviour is, little bit of intoxication.
Since I am not much of an alcoholic, I get my food drunk. So experimented with brandy which I purchased from Goa 2 years back. It turned out quite interesting so thought to share with you.
Drunken Burmese Chicken
Brandy Infused Chicken tossed in Burmese Sauce
- 400 gms boneless chicken legs
- 50 ml coconut oil
- 25 gms cooking butter
- 25 gms fresh cream
- 20 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chilli paprika
- 3 tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 roasted red chilli
- 50 ml brandy
- 1 lemon juice
- 100 ml water
- Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken in even cubes/strips and marinate with salt, pepper & paprika. Add the brandy & set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a flash pan, heat the butter and oil together.
- Put the chicken pieces and fry them in medium flame.
- Let the chicken get soft. Add the excess brandy marinade and simmer.
- Once the gravy settles down, add the coconut milk. Mix it well and add a cup of lukewarm water.
- Add the fresh cream and gently mix so that the pieces don’t break apart.
- Crush the roasted red chilli and sprinkle from the top.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and serve with Garlic bread.
Kids will love to eat it as a evening snacks. If you try the recipe, don’t forget to post it on your social media channel. Please tag #bongfoooodie and I would love to have a look at it.
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends, family and loved up. Eat healthy, live smart. Being fat to fit, should be a journey you can enjoy. A quick look at my other recipes are here.
Read my other blog posts here……
- Boys played well at Chakh Le
- A potful of flavours in Kolkata
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 4
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 3
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 2
- The Palegar’s Cuisine is back!
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 1
- Bengali Food in Hyderabad – A click away!
- Kitchen of Homemade bengali food
- Hyderabad gets a new bengali taste