“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
Hyderabad is experiencing a temperature drop to below 20 C. Looks like #WinterinHere and I seem to not get out of my running nose. I had to find a ‘totka’ (solution) to get better and sooner. Brandy was my only hope!!
While my last visit in United States of America, I have experienced Katsu Curry in a Japanese Restaurant. Though, it is impossible to make it here in India, I thought to make something inspired by it.
Here is the quick & easy recipe for you to try over this weekend.
Crisy Chicken in Cheese Brandy Sauce
Crunchy fried chicken breasts topped with French Brandy sauce
- 400 gms boneless chicken breast
- 50 ml coconut oil
- 25 gms cooking butter
- 25 gms fresh cream
- 2 cheese cubes
- 20 gms Isabgol husk
- 3 tbsp ground black pepper
- 100 ml brandy
- 100 ml water
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
- Rub the chicken breasts with salt & pepper and keep it aside for 10 mins.
- In a flat base pan, heat the butter and oil together.
- Coat the chicken with Isabgol Husk and fry them in medium flame. Keep rotating every 5 mins.
- Once the chicken is cooked from both sides and you have light brown texture, take it out from the pan and keep it aside.
- In a round bottom pan, boil 3 cups of water with a pinch of salt. Add the cheese cubes to let it melt by constantly stirring.
- When the water is reduced to almost half add the brandy and let it boil is high flame until you get the consistency.
- Add the fresh cream & the mixed herbs to the sauce and stir it well to mix properly.
- Pour the sauce of the fried chicken and sprinkle with some fresh parsley/coriander. Serve it with pita bread.
A perfect meal on a laid back weekend. If you try the recipe, don’t forget to post it on your social media channels and please tag #bongfoooodie as I would love to be part of your experience in the kitchen.
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends, family and loved up. Eat healthy, live smart. Being fat to fit, should be a journey you can enjoy. A quick look at my other recipes are here.
Read my other blog posts here……
- Boys played well at Chakh Le
- A potful of flavours in Kolkata
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 4
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 3
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 2
- The Palegar’s Cuisine is back!
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 1
- Bengali Food in Hyderabad – A click away!
- Kitchen of Homemade bengali food
- Hyderabad gets a new bengali taste