“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” – Virginia Woolf
When you are hungry, look no further and head to kitchen. The pleasure of cooking and dishing out my own experiments gives me goosebumps anyday.
Today, I thought to do a little bit of different combo for the a quick dinner. The weather was also wet so added some extra spice to my meal.
Pan Grilled Chicken over Herbed Rice
Bed of herbed rice topped with pan fried boneless chicken
- 400 gms boneless chicken legs
- 50 gms chopped onion
- 100 gms rice
- 50 ml coconut oil
- 25 gms cooking butter
- 3 tbsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp chilli garlic powder
- 3 tbsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Slice the chicken into strps & marinate with salt & pepper for 15 mins.
- Wash the rice and mix it well with the herbs and boil it until the rice is cooked. Strain the rice and keep it aside.
- In a flat grill pan, add the oil. Once the oil is hot, fry the Chicken evenly to get a crispy outer coating.
- Take out the chicken and in the remaining oil add the butter. Once hot, add the onion and keep stirring until it becomes transparent.
- Add the chicken and mix it well.
- Spread the rice and place the buttered chicken over it.
- Sprinkle the chilly garlic powder from the top and serve it hot.
As an alternate, you can use the chicken as filling for your homemade shawarma adding some veggies and mayonnaise wrapped in a tortilla/roti. I am sure, this will be no less than a #foodporn.
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends, family and loved up. Eat healthy, live smart. Being fat to fit, should be a journey you can enjoy. A quick look at my other recipes are here.
Read my other blog posts here……
- Boys played well at Chakh Le
- A potful of flavours in Kolkata
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 4
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 3
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 2
- The Palegar’s Cuisine is back!
- Wonder Women | Hyderabad | Season 1 | Episode 1
- Bengali Food in Hyderabad – A click away!
- Kitchen of Homemade bengali food
- Hyderabad gets a new bengali taste