Weekdays can get seriously stressful, especially after a holiday break. So being on diet had helped me to experiment with restricted ingredients in kitchen. If you are on Keto diet, it becomes very difficult and we drain out of recipes.
I had some coriander powder lying in my shelf for quite sometime and my taste bud was wanting something spicy. So cooked up some innovations on my mind and dished out “Murg Dhaniya Lajawab” (Sorry couldn’t figure out a better name).
Murg Dhaniya Lajawab
Moderately spicy, keto friendly recipe perfect for your weekday meal
– 500 gms boneless chicken legs
– 50 gms butter
– 20 ml edible coconut oil
– 50 ml coconut milk
– 1/2 cup chopped parsley
– 1 spoon dried oregano
– 4 tbsp freshly ground coriander
– 2 tbsp paprika powder
– 2 tbsp ground black pepper
– Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and paprika for 30 mins.
- In a flat pan, add the coconut oil let it heat. Add the butter.
- Place the chicken pieces on high flame and let it roast on both sides until golden brown.
- Take the chicken out and let the oil drain from it.
- In the same pan, add the chopped parsley and dried oregano. After a minute, add half cup of coconut milk and stir well. Let it simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Add the coriander powder and a pinch of salt to the sauce and thicken it. Add the remaining coconut milk, a cup of hot water and the drained out oil from the chicken.
- Keep stirring until you get the desired consistency & texture.
- Add a spoon of fresh cream and let it simmer for a minute.
- Spread the sauce over the chicken and serve it with a bowl of hot jeera rice or cauliflower paratha.
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends, family and loved up. Eat healthy, live smart. Being fat to fit, should be journey you can enjoy.